Chair: Cindy Mills
Purpose: Provide an opportunity for students to perform popular music in a non-adjudicated format.
Date: October 24, 2020
Registration Deadline: October 1, 2020
Location: We will be in the West Wing of the newest building at Sagemont Church. The room number is 1113.
Performance Repertoire: Students will play one or two pieces. Memorization is required with the exception of duets. Any type of popular music is acceptable – movie themes, praise, folk & patriotic, new age, etc. . . no Bartok, Kabalevsky etc.
Teachers only: Registration
Attire: Concert dress. Girls: nice dress or skirt/blouse and dressy flat shoes. No strapless or spaghetti straps. No nail polish. Boys: suit and tie or dress shirt and tie, dress pants and dress shoes. Sneakers, jeans, t-shirts, flip-flops or backless shoes are not allowed.
• Each student must provide their original sheet music with measures numbered. All pieces must be memorized.
• No photocopies will be allowed.
• Time limit is 5 minutes per student. If a student’s repertoire exceeds the time limit, they will be stopped. This will not affect their score.
• Performances are open to the public. Parents, friends and family members are welcome to attend. We encourage you to listen. Each performance session will last about 45 minutes.
• No one will be allowed to enter or exit the performance for any reason during a performance session. There will be scheduled breaks where you may enter/exit quietly. Students must stay for their entire scheduled session.
• No flash photography until after a performer has finished playing.
• All cell phones should be off or on silent. No use of phones during a recital is allowed.
• No food, drinks or smoking in the performance room.
• Please instruct children in appropriate concert behavior.